If there’s a perfect destination for the May weekend, then no other place can hold a candle to our Wrocław. Now, do tell us… what’s the purpose of your trip? A family excursion? Or maybe a romantic stay for two or a friends city break? Whatever the occasion, you’ll surely find something to your liking amongst our rich palette of the attractions given below.
The magical Cathedral Island, romantic streets of the Old Town, the richness of cafés and little, yet very charming restaurants, here every couple will make their affection bloom again! Wrocław, however, also has beautiful parks and themed gardens. Where to go for a walk to admire the beauty of Wroclaw's nature?
- Botanical Garden – open daily from 9.00 to 18.00. During long May weekend, you can admire the blooming magnolias, decorative cherries and apple trees. On April 28 (Sun) there will also be a magnolia fair.
- Arboretum in Wojslawice – invites every day from 9.00 to 18.00. Currently, it delights with the flourishing 2-hectare cherry orchard. In May, planned guided walks.
- Japanese garden at Centennial Hall – located in the heart of Szczytnicki Park, the only garden where you can admire the beautiful art of Japanese garden culture. Opened in May from 9.00 to 19.00.
- Garden trade fair – will take place on the weekend of 27-28 April at the Wroclaw Track Racetracks Partynice.
- May Festival of Flowers and Art at Książ Castle – the most blooming event in Lower Silesia, located in the fabulous scenery of the Książ Castle. This year's festival's scenery is inspired by the films: The Book of Jungle, Alice in Wonderland and Under the Sun of Tuscany. The castle is located only 70 km from Wrocław. During the stay in Wroclaw in the beginning of May it is worth to plan a visit of the festival, which will last from April 30 to May 5.
A power of musical events takes place in Wroclaw at the beginnig of May! You can't, of course, skip the Guinness Guitar Record on the Market Square in Wroclaw. This event is unique without a doubt! What other concerts will take place on the weekend's May?
- Jazz nad Odrą Festival – it is the 55th edition of the largest jazz festival, for the fifth time under the tutelage of Leszek Możdżer. The festival is a five-day meeting with Polish and foreign jazz stars, as well as an open-air stage at Spoleczny Square and numerous accompanying events.
- Guinness Guitar Record at Wroclaw's Market Square - on May 1, as every year, residents of Wrocław and numerous foregin guests will attempt to beat the Guinness Guitar Record, which has already become the showcase of Wroclaw for the fifteenth time. Over 7,000 guitars, scenery of the historic Market Square and musical surprises! Start hours 11.00.
- 3-Majówka Music Festival at Centennial Hall – a great opening of outdoor concerts in Wrocław. The festival is 3 days of meetings with the most famous polish artists, two music scenes and the unique atmosphere of the historic Centennial Hall. Festival stars: Organek, Coma, Mela Koteluk, Krzysztof Zalewski, Ira, Kult, Happy Sad, Kasia Nosowska, Ania Dąbrowska, O.S.T.R and many others...
- Jazz picnic on Słodowa Island - daily, from May 1 to 5 from 17.00 we invite you to Słodowa Island, where Jazz Picnic will take a place. The artists will perform: Natalia Lubrano, The Cuban Latin Jazz and Tomasz Krajewski.
Are you planning to visit us with your Little Ones? How sweet! Your kids will surely find the rich choice of attractions provided a great deal to their liking. Of course, you can visit the Wrocław ZOO and the famous Africarium in particular! Oh, we simply couldn’t adore this place more...
- Great Family Picnic at the horse racing track Partynice – starts from 1st to 3th of May at the Wroclaw Horse Racetrack. For the youngest, there will be five play zones: a sports zone, a backyard zone, an animation zone with soap bubbles and animators, a mini-scientist zone and a catering area.
- Chillout Zone at the Slodowa Island – from 1st to 5th of May a zone with games will be waiting for children, starting every day from 12.00.
- May weekend at Loopy’s World – lianas, wild animals and a mass of adventures and challenges ... such attractions will be found in the Loopy's World play area. From May 1 to May 5, from 15.00 to 17.00, animators will also be waiting for children.
- Wrocław Asian Festival Wrocław StrEAT vol. 10 – we invite you on a culinary journey to the continent of great geographical and culinary contrasts! You will taste Chinese, Japanese, Indian and Thai cuisine. The festival will take place in the Mieszczański Brewery on the weekend of 27-28 April.
- Tęczowa Night Market – a new event on the gastronomic map of Wrocław, which is taking place from 1st to 5th of May! The guests will have more than 20 food truck zones, a relaxation zone, a summer cinema and numerous musical attractions.
So, if you’re still unsure what to do, we’ll give you a helping hand. Don’t lose time! BOOK the last free rooms and come to Wrocław! That’s going to be the best May Weekend Ever!